After running around and having adventures the last two weeks straight with travel, Halloween, birthdays and my normal busy life, I was very much looking forward to an intentionally anti-social and productive weekend.
I happily tend to load up my calendar with dinners and events and dates and sports and generally being a social butterfly. Even my working out is a social activity. (I am not kidding when I tell people that I need to check my calendar.) A busy variety makes me content.
But every once in a while I look forward to a quiet weekend without plans.
Its the perfect time to re-center myself and get caught up on all those mundane day to day errands and activities that I sometimes let slip to the side. It’s relaxing and satisfying.
So I made myself a grand list of what I wanted to accomplish over the weekend….
THINGS I WAS SUPPOSED TO DO THIS WEEKEND
- Grocery Shop
- Crock-Pot meals to freeze for lunches
- Do Laundry
- Finally unpack from my last trip
- Re-pot plants
- Look into selling old camera
- Clean my apartment
- Organize and purge my closet
- Sell clothes at Buffalo Exchange
- Drop off reject clothes at Goodwill
So how did I do on this totally manageable list? Well, let’s see….
THINGS I ACTUALLY DID THIS WEEKEND
- Grocery Shop – Went to Target for groceries, came home with new shoes +0.5
- Crock-Pot meals to freeze for lunches – Ate animal crackers for dinner +0
- Do Laundry – I washed a couple things. They are still sitting in the dryer. +0.5
- Finally unpack from my last trip – Oh, wait! I did this one. +1
- Re-pot plants – Did this one too! Go me! +1
- Look into selling old camera – Posted pics from my latest trips on FB. +0
- Clean my apartment – I made my bed. And rearranged throw pillows. +0.15
- Organize and purge my closet – Walked into closet. Looked around. Decided to binge-watch Scandal instead. +0
- Sell clothes at Buffalo Exchange – Bought some $0.99 Kindle books. +0
- Drop off reject clothes at Goodwill – Dropped WAY too many hours perusing BuzzFeed. +0
So, even with some generous scoring, I went about 3.15/10 for accomplishments.
For MLB that’s a decent batting average, keeping it above 300, but still not so great when it comes to feeling like the weekend was a success.
However, I think I should get some bonus points for all the OTHER things I accomplished that were not on my list. It’s not like I was idle or lazy or anything this weekend.
- Took care of both the health of my feet and my intrinsic desire to express myself creatively through fashion by acquiring new shoes. +2
- Reinforced social connections by sharing photos of my awesome life. +2
- Expanded my mental horizons by immersing myself in the political stories of Scandal and the witty banter of BuzzFeed. Plus with my new Kindle acquisitions, my brain capacity is bound to expand. +3
So with this new and I believe much more accurate reflection I am, in fact, BETTER than perfect. 10.15/10, people.
Weekend = Complete Success.
I also wrote this blog post. +42 gold stars
All that productiveness was EXHAUSTING, guys.
I think I will just veg out for the rest of my Sunday. I have clearly earned it.